Aloo Kathal Chops or Potato Jackfruit Chops
Aloo Kathal Chop is a very tasty snack. Basically the Chops are made by stuffing specially prepared Kathal filling inside a covering of mashed potato and frying the chops in oil. Generally it is had in breakfast or as an evening snack. You can have it with coriander chutney or tomato chili ketchup or tomato sauce.
1. 250 gm raw kathal (Jackfruit)
2.Mustard Oil (as per requirement)
3. Hing (Asfoedita)
4. Garlic 5 pieces and (grind into paste), ginger 1 inch, grind to paste
5. One finely chopped onion and a green chili
6. Salt to taste
7. Red chili powder and Turmeric powder, garam masala
powder(Indian spices powder)
Preparing the filling:
- Cut the raw Kathal into small pieces and boil them well. After it is cooled down peel off the kathal pieces and mash them well.
- Heat mustard oil in a pan, put hing, onion and green chili.Add mashed kathal and salt cook on low flame, then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and sauté, add garam masala ½ spoon.
- Cook on low flame and mix well into a coarse filling
- Sauté on high flame and keep it aside.
Preparing the cover:
Boil 6-7 big size potatoes, peel them and mash them. Add some salt and red chili powder as per your taste and mix it well.
Make small ball of the mashed potato, flatten it on your palm and stuff the Kathal filling in center and close the mashed potato cover from all sides to make a chop. Now dip the chop in a thin solution made by adding a table spoon of Besan, salt and red chili powder in water. Heat edible oil in a kadai and fry the Chop by turning it from both sides till it is brown. Remove the fried chop and put it on tissue paper to soak extra oil.
You can watch the making of the chops at http://youtu.be/tUKbeMMzLhY
The delicious Aloo Kathal Chops are ready to serve, enjoy this dish with coriander chutney or tomato chili ketchup or tomato sauce.
AMAZING DEALS FROM AMAZON EVERY DAY FRIENDS, PLEASE SHOP ON THIS SITE FOR GREAT DEALS EVERY DAY!