Jheenga or Prawns is a very popular and delicious non vegetarian dish of Bihar. Here we are providing the recipe for Jheenga Masala which is an ecstasy food of Bihar.
- Half Kg Prawns: cleaned
- Onion one piece (ground into paste)
- Ginger ˝ inches and 5-6 Garlic cloves ground into paste
- Spices: Turmeric powder 1 tea spoon
Red chili powder 1 tea spoon
Black pepper powder 1tea spoon
Salt to taste
- Edible oil
- Curd 1 spoon
- First wash the prawns and marinate them for about half an hour by mixing it with onion-ginger-garlic paste, curd and spices (turmeric, red chili and black pepper).
- Heat 4-5 spoons oil and fry the marinated prawns. Add salt and sauté till they turn brown on medium flame, sprinkle some water and simmer for 2 minutes. Keep checking lest they burn.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to make a curry and allow it to boil to have desired thickness.
- Simmer till achieving the desired curry texture.
The delicious Jheenga masala is now ready to serve. Garnish it as you please, coriander recommended. It can be served with both rice and chapatis.
Note: Prawns turn round and would release oil when cooked. Sprinkle water as required lest they burn. Gravy is optional.