Matar Chop is a very tasty snack. Basically the Chops are made by stuffing specially prepared matar filling inside a covering of mashed potato and frying the chops in oil. Generally it is had in breakfast or as an evening snack. You can have it with coriander chutney or tomato chili ketchup or tomato sauce.
2.Mustard Oil (as per requirement)
4. Garlic 5 pieces and (grind into paste), ginger 1 inch, grind to paste
5. One finely chopped onion and a green chili
7. red chili powder and Turmeric powder, garam masala powder
1. Heat mustard oil in a pan, put hing, onion and green chili
2. Add peas and salt cook on low flame till peas become soft, then add ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and sauté, add garam masala ˝ spoon
3. Cook on low flame till peas get soft and beat them into a coarse filling
4. Sauté on high flame and keep it aside.
Boil 6-7 big size potatoes, peel them and mash them. Add some salt and red chili powder as per your taste and mix it well.
Make small ball of the mashed potato, flatten it on your palm and stuff the matar filling in center and close the mashed potato cover from all sides to make a chop. Now dip the chop in a thin solution made by adding a table spoon of Besan, salt, haldi(turmeric) powder and red chili powder in water. Heat edible oil in a kadai and fry the Chop by turning it from both sides till it is brown. Remove the fried chop and put it on tissue paper to soak extra oil.